Thank you to the thoughtful blogger/photographer at squirrel and pear for acknowledging me with this award. I have wondered from time to time if my posts were worthy of recognition, so this affirmation is appreciated.
Versatile Blogger Award Guidelines
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Blogs I admire and wish to recognize for content, quality, and general appeal:
- ardent & awkward / in a u s t i n – This writer motivated me to get started writing, and thus warrants the top spot. The content of her blog is not only fascinating, but also technically flawless as you might expect from an English teacher.
- Tales from the Motherland – This devoted mother and writer tells tales from the heart. We also have geographic roots in common.
- expatlogue – This lovely expat mother courageously bares her sole in some of her offerings with an entertaining and inimitable writing style.
- Go Curry Cracker! – This young expat couple makes Mexico come alive with interesting, insightful stories and great photo imagery.
- Writing by the Numbers – An aspiring author and entertaining blogger, once you read her blog the title becomes self-evident.
- brickthomas’s Blog – A kindred spirit; as he embarks upon a RTW (round the world) trip, I am eager to share his experiences vicariously.
- Loca Gringa – An expat Canadian living in the Dominican Republic, our common love of Latin American caused our paths to cross.
- Waves and Ruins – This attractive young couple is seeking the best surfing beaches and interesting attractions throughout Latin America. I am eager to read of their experiences.
- DavidCrews – Art, poetry, philosophy, and world travel – this blogger brings beauty and thoughtfulness to his web pages.
- Around The World With Steve – His RTW adventure started in January, 2013, and I am following along, perhaps to see where I might wish to go next.
- Life + Spanish + Travel A photo blog from a fellow expat now living in Mexico. The images are captivating.
- Comedy Travel Writing – A humorous and irreverent assortment of travel adventures ideally suited to readers with a somewhat warped sense of humor.
- RD REVILO – A poetry blog by an interesting fellow with topical relevance and thought-provoking opinion and insight.
- Let The Adventure Begin! – This couple is preparing to start a new lifestyle in Panama. Holly shares the experience of preparing for the exciting changes as they occur.
- Through Harold’s Lens – The title is self-explanatory. View various interesting places in the world through the unique images regularly offered.
Seven things about me you may find interesting:
- My wife and I met on a cruise to Alaska in 2005. We have done a lot of traveling together since.
- We have visited 10 countries in the past 18 months, most of which I have blogged about. Florence is the photographer.
- We are excellent at downsizing. We sold two cars, one house, and all other belongings worth anything. We are now unencumbered and free to move about the world at our leisure, and we do.
- I have had three careers (min. 10 years each) in my working life: parks and recreation supervisor, Teamster truck driver, and community relations manager with a Fortune 100 company.
- I moonlighted as a professional ski instructor for five years before I retired and started traveling. I still occasionally miss the slopes.
- I have two grown daughters, and now two grandsons, all of whom I am incredibly proud.
- I am coming out of retirement for Summer 2013 to work as a professional tour director in the Pacific Northwest. I will probably write about that, too.